Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Artist Book Statement. (Draft).


My artist book is a collage/text combination exploring the hard times I had while growing up. During my childhood, I struggled with severe anxiety disorder, instances of self-harm, and bouts of depression. Despite all this, I ended up becoming a stronger person through my love for art and fashion. The photos taken for this assignment range from glamorous and dreamlike fashion shoots invoking child-like innocence and daydreams, to dark and twisted versions of the same outfits.  These represent the darkness I suffered through as a child, but how I healed myself through clothes. The book will be a collage of these photos, pieces of fabric and lace, and bits of texts from my childhood diaries. The book itself will be in the shape of a human heart, and tied shut with pink ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment