Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DRAWING: Mid-day



My drawings around mid-day were actually done a little late--around 1:00 - 4:00 in the afternoon, when the sun was high in the sky, though slightly suffocated by clouds. A bit of a dreary day in Boston, but despite this, a bright glow filled the room--much brighter than the soft light from the early morning sun. This caused for stronger values in all of the objects I chose to draw about my dorm room. The most interesting thing to note is that the reflections in the metallic part of my desk mirror seemed to be shifting more towards the middle--most likely caused by the shifting of the sun in the sky. For the most part, the rest of my objects were being lit in the same direction, though with much stronger lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment