Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DRAWING: early morning.



Early morning is an interesting time of day to draw. One would think that everything in the room would be very bright and illuminated, but that wasn't quite the case in my dorm room. The sun was up over Boston, around 10:00 AM, and the glow sifted through the room window, softly hitting the clutter about my floor and my desk. My closet (which I drew the handles of) had very soft shadows across it, and not very strong dark values from the weak early morning sunlight. My TV, which sits just below my window sill, was lit from the back and the side, and had more values because it was farther away from my window light source. My mirror, which sits on my desk, closest to the window, was lit the strongest by the early sunlight from the left side. The amount of values on each object I drew was affected greatly by the position of it within my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment